Tuesday, March 15

32

This last weekend was Rob's birthday (I won't say which one- some people are so touchy about their age).  No crazy partying for us old folks, but we did manage to have a nice dinner together.  Isabella and I made lasagna and monochromatic greek salad (I didn't realise until it was too late that we were out of both cucumber and green pepper, so there was a lot of red) and carrot cake with nuts and cream cheese icing for dessert.  Yum!  Isabella is big into "helping".  While I cut up the vegetables for the salad, she mixed them together, yes, but a lot of them mysteriously disappeared.  But icing the cake together was fun, even if it turned out a little less professional than I had originally intended.  I wanted to get a picture of Isabella licking out the bowl afterward (she's so dang cute!), but as soon as I brought out the camera she turned into her I'm-crazy-because-there's-a-camera-in-view self.  Maybe next time.

Happy birthday Rob!
 

3 comments:

Beccs said...

That cake looks yummy. Rob is lucky to have you ladies to cook for him!

Beccs said...

Rob is pretty lucky to have such lovely ladies to cook for him.

Sarah said...

Have you been hanging out with Jacob two-two lately, my dear?